Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's MY blog and I'll whine if I want to

Recently this little gem;

"The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention." -Anonymous

appeared in my spam comments box.....where it rightfully belongs 

As plainly stated at the top of the page... ^^^^waaay up there^^^^.........there will be whining, because

"It's my blog" 

I appreciate comments both good and bad, but this is just plain mean.  There is zero constuctive criticism.  There is the cowardice of an Anonymous post, with a critique.  No link to follow, so that I might bask in the glory of this witty critic's flowing prose on his or her own blog.

If it isn't constuctive...don't say it.  If my blog is that bad...."don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya"  Please, dear bold anonymous critic, run fleetingly from my subpar blog.  Life is too short to waste time on things, people, places, if they don't captivate or hold one's interest in even a small way.  When I realize I don't like reading something I just stop.  I don't think I've ever written a negative blog comment, because how can I possibly understand what the underlying reasons were for writing a "meltdown" entry.
If there are a few things you would like to correct me on, such as the color of the sky, Barbie's hair, or a caramel...please do.  Currently my sky is black (night)  the Barbie I am thinking of has blonde hair (malibu Barbie circa 1975) and my caramels appear tan.  I may be off on accuracies such as a mid tan or something. 
As far as my whiney little blog, I like it.  It was started for me as an open diary to recall my life, to draw me out of a dark place I was heading.  It gave me accountability so I couldn't just disappear.  This blog reminds me of the journey I've been on since I first posted, where I'm going, and it forces me beyond myself.  I've made admissions on here (before I actually realized myself) that have woken me up to the fact that I am still a bit down.
I'm glad I've discovered blogging.  I'm sorry that brave, brave sir anonymous, brave sir anonymous ran away....before I could provide him/her a list of other diary like blogs.  If these homespun, real-life blogs are his/her kryptonite  then may he/she be contained.
I will sally forth with my whine fest.....oh and funny southern stories too!  :)
 

No comments: